New member with writer query Aspire XC 895

zapper3zapper3 Member Posts: 2 New User
Hello
I am new to this forum and would like some info regarding my new Aspire XC 895 desktop pc. I would like to install a dvd/cd writer but there is no info regarding which model is most suitable. Can someone help with this and I assume I will need to remove the front to install a writer and bezel . Will I also require a cable to contect writer to the motherboard? I am not too computer literate so plain english will be best for me to follow.
Thanks zapper3

Best Answer

• billseybillsey ACE Posts: 16,181 Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    I've just wandered Amazon in the past, looking for one that meets my spec... I'd likely make sure it writes Dual Layer DVDs, but not go to the extra expense for a Blue-Ray.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

FAQ & Answers

It's a standard slim line drive, like what used to go in laptops. You will likely need a SATA cable, but the power should be there on the supply wiring already. Choose one that comes with a bezel, I think they just have a blank in your case.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • zapper3zapper3 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thanks billsey for your help. There seems to be lots of acer writers available to buy. Is there a particular model # you can recommend. I think you are right there is a blank plate on the front. I may remove the side panel and see what cable is needed.
    Zapper3
    Accepted Answer
    I've just wandered Amazon in the past, looking for one that meets my spec... I'd likely make sure it writes Dual Layer DVDs, but not go to the extra expense for a Blue-Ray.