Acer V3-772G both shift keys are not working

Options
janez
janez Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

On my Acer V3-772G both shift keys are not working. I've tried several solutions but nothing helped. I don't think it's a hardware problem. I tried to update drivers, used different settings...but I can't fix this issue. Can anyone help, please.  

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,630 Trailblazer
    Options
    Try this. Open notepad. Then rapidly & firmly tap one of the shiftkeys 10 times, then immediately press & hold shift key firmly. Then while still holding the shift key, enter a letter multiple times. If the letter still registers lower case every time, repeat the tapping and holding operation. Try the other shift key the same way. Do you register any upper case letters? Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• janez

Tinkerer

Options
    It doesn' help...
  • janez

Tinkerer

Options
    I tried it many more times and it starts working. just can't believe ;) thank you
  • JackE
    Options
    If no upper case letters registered at all, then open Device Manager. Right click and uninstall each driver you find in the keyboards folder. Then exit Device Manager without trying to reinstall anything. Shutdown Windows normally. If still no joy after re-booting, then the next step will be to reseat the keyboard ribbon cable on the mainboard a few times to help clean its contacts. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Options
    Good. Thanks for reporting back on your success. You likely have debris that has accumulated on the contacts under the shift key covers. The best way to help clean this up is to gently use a soft bristle facial blush brush to reach under the covers to help dislodge the debris while at the same time blowing air from canned air or vacuum cleaner exhaust to help remove it. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• janez

Tinkerer

Options
    Sorry, but it still doesn't work properly. i tried to remove debris, but it seems it work even worse. Actually it stops working at all after updating Windows to the latest version of win 10. Could this be the new reason
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Does the shift key work on that link? http://en.key-test.ru/
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    Options
    You might eventually have to replace the keyboard if the shiftkeys don't continue to respond to the firm rapid keystroke tests described earlier.  New replacement keyboards for the V3-772G are readily available for less than $25USD from many vendors. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• janez

Tinkerer

Options
    Now I tred totally clean-up, brushing and vakuuming, opened computer and checked wires...and it seems that I did ok. Now it works perfectly - on the link provided by egydiocoelho and also in editor. I hope now it will be ok. Thx, guys for the tips and help.
  • JackE
    Options
    Congrats on your great keyboard cleaning. Let's hope both keys still keep registering now.   :)   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ