How to speedup my acer windows 10 pc using registry editor?

Mayurresh
Mayurresh Member Posts: 64 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
can you plz tell me about all registry codes to improve my acer aspire windows 10 pc to boot it faster using registry editor

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    edited January 2021
    The only safe way to make the machine boot faster is to reduce the number of startup tab applications in TaskManager. For example, if a non-Microsoft virus scanner is running in the background it should be disabled as Microsoft Defender virus scanner is all most users need. Trying to change the Registry is very risky and can disable your machine.

You can also open Control Panel. Search 'button'. Click 'change what the power buttons do' in left pane. Then click 'change settings that are currently unavailable'. Then scroll down and check the box for fast startup.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Mayurresh
    can u give me some more tips to increase boot time

• JackE
    I thought you wanted to decrease, not increase, boot time???? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Mayurresh
    sorry ;I want to decrease boot time
  • JackE
    My earlier suggestions are about the safest software ways to decrease boot times without upgrading hardware. You can decrease boot times further by changing the HDD to an SSD and adding more RAM. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• desbest
    desbest Member Posts: 54 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    edited January 2021
    Using registry cleaners in an attempt to speed up your computer is strongly condemned. They can ruin the speed and performance of your computer, make your computer freeze and crash, remove features from Windows, cause some programs to stop working by giving them weird glitches which defy expected behaviour, and in some cases make your computer so faulty it becomes bricked. In my opinion they are a scam designed to give software developers easy money. Microsoft advises against them.

The startup tab in Task Manager does not show all the programs which run at startup. For a Microsoft approved way of seeing everything that runs at startup and disabling the items you don't need, use Sysinternals Autoruns.

Another thing you can do is check your computer for rootkits. A rootkit is a virus that cannot be detected through traditional antivirus scanning methods, such as signature based detection, memory scans, scanning protected windows files, cloud scanning or heuristics. Rootkits hide their presence on the computer through a variety of methods. Antivirus software as well as Windows with User Account Control, tends to have behaviour based detection to find viruses, so rootkits have to find a way to get around that as well.

Below are some free rootkit scanners which I recommend and have worked for me.

HijackThis and GMER is not for noobs (newbies) and their report after scanning shows everything it can find, not just viruses, so if you delete something you shouldn't have, that can make your computer faulty.

Another tip is to not have multiple (third-party) antivirus software running at the same time, as it will slow your computer down and cause it to crash. However you can have third-party antivirus and Windows Defender Antivirus installed at the same time, as antivirus software has been updated to work with Windows 10, and antivirus software can now disable Microsoft Defender Antivirus automatically. The video below will show that third-party antivirus automatically disables Microsoft Defender Antivirus.

• desbest
    desbest Member Posts: 54 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    edited January 2021
    Another thing you can do to speed up your computer is to run the tuneup.bat batch script from Ten Forums. It runs sfc, dism, chkdsk and optimises the amount of allocated virtual memory in a special sequence. You might be tempted to follow the instructions from the Microsoft website, but the batch script provides extra speed and performance improvements to the computer. It helped me.
  • Mayurresh
    yes I will try my best to decreases boot time