Acer Predator 3000, changing case, need some connections help

Options
SparkyGT
SparkyGT Member Posts: 4 New User
Hello all, first post here, I have been reading some posts here about doing a case swap.  I purchased this about six months ago, it a predator 3000 gaming desktop
I7 9700
16 GB ram
Geforce RTX 2070
500 gb SSD
2 TB HDD

I have seen issues with the noise, and have really noticed once i shut my A/C off for the winter, that the graphics cards gets around 83 celsius and gets really noisy.  The case fans were changed out to Noctua 92mms, front and back, i also installed a Noctua NH-D9L cpu cooler. However after doing these upgrades, this thing is still my loudest gaming computer by far. So to get some more air I have decided to change out the case, to get some more fans in it and see if i can keep this thing quiet. Im not sure if i have a overly loud 2070 fan or if its normal when it spools up to high speed.

The issue im having so far is about moving to a new case (Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 ARGB ATX Case).  I have noticed there is no info printed on the mobo connections for the on/off switch and the others, im talking about the front panel connections (12), here is a pic i found on the forums here, im thinking its the same motherboard. I also have to get a adaptor for (19) as im switching power units to run more fans and some lights. The other thing i noticed is that (18) runs a couple wires up to the top outside of the case under a plastic panel, im not sure if these have to be applied to the new case inside or only on outside, it seems that the plastic cover on top hides what im guessing is a antenna?  Does this have to be grounded to the frame/bare metal or just stuck on with some double sided tape?  Hope i can get some help, i have always had custom PC's built for me in the past, so some new territory here.  Thanks

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    I b elieve the front panel connector is a pretty standard pin-out, this one is used on other Acer MBs:

And here is another that has a few more pins. You should trace them out yourself to verify that they match.

The card plugged into #18 is your WiFi/Bluetooth card and those are antenna wires that go up toward the top front of the case. You will need those, ideally outside the metal cage of the case, to use those functions.
    #19 is a standard connector that should be on any PSU you buy, that's the auxiliary +12V power connector for the MB.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • SparkyGT
    SparkyGT Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    thanks for the help, it looks like 2,4,6,8 are the only ones used.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    They are typically used in pairs, so 1&3 for HDD indication, 2&4 for power indication, 6&8 for the power switch, etc. If you connect an LED backwards it doesn't damage anything, but doesn't light up.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.