Acer Iconia W4 wont proceed to start up

Options
Constantine0110
Constantine0110 Member Posts: 3 New User

I dont know what to do with it. I tried to boot it but i dont know if i made the correct order beacuse it will only turn off. 

When i press the power button alone, the screen flashes the logo and underneath it says preparing but after seconds the screen will turn black and will immediately turn off again. 

The tablet only works when connected to a charger. 

Im sorry for the messy explanation. 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,956 Trailblazer
    Options
    The charger thing just means that likely the battery has failed, due to age. Show us each of those BIOS screens. It should be set to UEFI boot with Secure Boot enabled when at stock settings. There's a possibility the drive is having issues...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Constantine0110
    Options
    Thank you for the response. The problem is also almost 4 years old. I just gave up then when some people told me it's a battery problem and i will not find any of those batteries these days. 

I tried this and the exited while saving changes but it doesnt proceed to start. Just the acer logo again and then it will turn off again. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,956 Trailblazer
    Options
    IIRC the W4 models had a microUSB port, not a normal full sized one. What you will need to do in order to get much farther is to create a Windows boot flash drive, then use a USB adapter to connect that drive to the tablet. Once there you will disable the Secure Boot in the BIOS Boot tab and then you'll be allowed to boot from the USB. Once booted you can go into Repair mode and then command prompt to look at the status of your drive. If it's not visible the drive has likely failed. If it's visible then you may be able to repair it enough to get back to running. You will need a new battery to get it fully functional, a tablet that has to be tethered to a power cord is kind of not right... :) But don't buy a battery until we've proven the drive is working, because if the drive is toast than so is the tablet.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Constantine0110
    Options
    Thank you so much. I will immediately try these