All about the b46h5-ad, size and fit?

BriJamBriJam Member Posts: 2 New User
I recently bought an xc-895 i5-10400. I want to use it as a framework for a gaming pc. The case is not big enough for a GPU so I'm wondering if the unique shape of the b46h5-ad motherboard will fit into a regular mATX case?

Additionally, the PCIe x16 slot is very close to the RAM slots. If I upgraded the RAM (vengeance lpx), would a GPU (specifically the 5500xt or 1660 super) even fit on the motherboard?

Thank you for any answers and help. Below is a photo of the board, labeled. Credit to billsey (on a seperate q&a thread for the image.

Best Answer

• billseybillsey ACE Posts: 16,165 Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    The mounting holes and form factor are DTX, which uses the same holes as most of the board sizes. The only thing odd is tat projection out the front to line up with front ports in the stock case. You will lose access to those in a different case, unless you can figure out a cabling solution for them.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

FAQ & Answers

Accepted Answer
    The mounting holes and form factor are DTX, which uses the same holes as most of the board sizes. The only thing odd is tat projection out the front to line up with front ports in the stock case. You will lose access to those in a different case, unless you can figure out a cabling solution for them.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • BriJamBriJam Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thanks for the answer about the sizing! Do you know about the graphics card and RAM situation? I know most motherboards have the thicker side of the GPU facing away from the RAM but even if that is the case here it looks a little too close.
    No, there's plenty of room. Ram doesn't take anything special in regards to the air flow and that would really be the only consideration.