Acer Nitro 5 keyboard backlight won't turn on. AN517-52

Jothan
Jothan Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited January 2021 in Nitro Gaming
Just got a new acer nitro 5 laptop and tried turning on the keyboard backlight and it didn't turn on.. 
Is this something to do with drivers? Or a hardware issue? Any ideas?

System Model Nitro AN517-52

Answers

• You have probably done this procedure. But have you ever pressed the fn + f10 keys to increase the brightness?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JohPi
    JohPi Member Posts: 1 New User
    Jothan said:
    Just got a new acer nitro 5 laptop and tried turning on the keyboard backlight and it didn't turn on.. 
    Is this something to do with drivers? Or a hardware issue? Any ideas?

System Model Nitro AN517-52
    My backlight works but stops after 30 seconds. Can I somehow put it on 'always on'??
  • @JohPi Yes, disable the backlight on nitro sense:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Jothan

Tinkerer

You have probably done this procedure. But have you ever pressed the fn + f10 keys to increase the brightness?
    Yup.. to no avail. I did fn + F9 and fn + f10 multiple times on each.
  • I suggest you check the jbl1 and jbl2 connectors:
    Start by disassembling the top part:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Jothan

Tinkerer

I suggest you check the jbl1 and jbl2 connectors:
    Start by disassembling the top part:
    what would I be looking for there exactly? how could I tell if it is damaged? Also I am not super hardware savvy so could u take a screenshot of what i am looking for from that video?
  • batmalin
    batmalin Member Posts: 4,231 Guru
    Did you disabled the KB timeout in BIOS prior opening the laptop? It`s on the main tab.
    Please click "Yes" if I have answered your question.
    Userbench: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31177158

• @Jothan Colleague batmalin is referring to this function:
    These are the JBL1 and JBL2 connectors that you should check to make sure they are connected correctly:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Jothan

Tinkerer

@Jothan Colleague batmalin is referring to this function:

These are the JBL1 and JBL2 connectors that you should check to make sure they are connected correctly:

This what I am looking for?

• Jothan

Tinkerer

batmalin said:
    Did you disabled the KB timeout in BIOS prior opening the laptop? It`s on the main tab.
    The keyboard never lit up from the first time I had even booted it up... I also never edited any settings in the bios.
  • Try disconnecting and reconnecting this cable;

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Jothan

Tinkerer

Try disconnecting and reconnecting this cable;

That didn't fix it either... might just have to accept that I won't have a lightup keyboard...

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited January 2021
    Have you tried to update the bios to see if it solves the problem?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Can you check if the sections are off?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer