Aspire es1-533-c1sx ram and ssd upgrade accesories

Sagir
Sagir Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

I have an aspire es1-533-c1sx which i need to upgrade its ram and hdd to ssd for better performance. But i am confuse whether i should buy 8gb ram 4gb ram and of which company should I buy. I want to use my laptop for coding and programming. If anyone have perfect solution, plz help me.

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,441 Trailblazer
    edited January 2021 Answer ✓
    Sagir said:
    I have an aspire es1-533-c1sx which i need to upgrade its ram and hdd to ssd for better performance. But i am confuse whether i should buy 8gb ram 4gb ram and of which company should I buy. I want to use my laptop for coding and programming. If anyone have perfect solution, plz help me.
    Have a look at this guide here: Memory RAM & SSD Upgrades | acer | aspire es1 | Aspire ES1-533 | Crucial.com as this is pretty spot on and accurate (as some of these guides are not) of what you can upgrade your Aspire ES1-533 with and to. Your only choice with memory is to put a 1x 8GB DDR3L-1600 SODIMM (that's the max capacity) and upgrade the HDD to a 2.5" SATA 3 - 6Gb/s SSD of your choice and budget. Also make sure that you enable the TRIM in Win-10 which is an ATA command set that was originally designed for the purpose of keeping a Solid State Drive at its optimal performance throughout its lifespan within Windows, that works and improves performance considerable on top of the normal SSD capabilities. 

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,441 Trailblazer
    edited January 2021 Answer ✓
    Sagir said:
    Have a look at this guide here: Memory RAM & SSD Upgrades | acer | aspire es1 | Aspire ES1-533 | Crucial.com as this is pretty spot on and accurate (as some of these guides are not) of what you can upgrade your Aspire ES1-533 with and to. Your only choice with memory is to put a 1x 8GB DDR3L-1600 SODIMM (that's the max capacity) and upgrade the HDD to a 2.5" SATA 3 - 6Gb/s SSD of your choice and budget. Also make sure that you enable the TRIM in Win-10 which is an ATA command set that was originally designed for the purpose of keeping a Solid State Drive at its optimal performance throughout its lifespan within Windows, that works and improves performance considerable on top of the normal SSD capabilities. 
  • Sagir

Tinkerer

I think my laptop has a 2gb onboard ram and the maximum supported is 8gb. If i have to buy an 8gb, what would happen to the onboard ram.
  • Sagir

Tinkerer

Is there any chance to upgrade the processor
  • Sagir

Tinkerer

I have one piece of 1Gb 1066Mhz Ddr3 Sodimm. I request all the experts to tell me if this ram will work aspire es1-533-c1sx
  • Childs
    Childs Member Posts: 1 New User
    Sagir said:
    I think my laptop has a 2gb onboard ram and the maximum supported is 8gb. If i have to buy an 8gb, what would happen to the onboard ram.
    True. The actual module if you look at it is only 2GB yet computer properties says it is 4GB. That means there is another 2GB onboard. So I have the same question as you.

Unfortunately I already purchased an 8GB ram, the brand is Patriot, and it is not compatible with my laptop. I think the problem is that it is PC3 and not PC3L, where L means low voltage (i.e. 1.3V instead of 1.5V from PC3). So I have to return it and try this Crucial that is recommended.