Battery is lowering in power even plugged in MAX charge/power is now 87% and lowering PH317-54

Options
MikeAKACheffy
MikeAKACheffy Member Posts: 3 New User
edited January 2021 in Predator Laptops
Even plugged in the Battery Power is lowering each day. New out of the box max power was 96% but since then it is lowering - it is now 87% plugged in. I've never used it NOT plugged in so I'm not sure wyt the power is lowering and the max charge is lowering? 

Best Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Which model number? Some laptops do run at a battery drain when they are running at full power. This could be the slow drain.

The not charging could be battery health protection, where the OS doesnt charge the battery past 80%, this is as if you fully charge the battery it will lose its max charge much faster than chrging to only 80%. This is sometimes on by default and is in acer care centre:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/software-acer-care-center

Tune up -> Check up  ->  Battery -> Battery charge limit

If you would like to check the actual health of the battery, run in an admin cmd or powershell
    powercfg /batteryreport

This will spit out a HTML report telling you the cycle count, health, wear, and max. If its a new laptop, i would expect that the wear would be tiny or even above the reported max!
  • MikeAKACheffy
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The model number is PH317-54 - Thanks 'll give the Battery health protection settings. 

Answers

• Leostat
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Which model number? Some laptops do run at a battery drain when they are running at full power. This could be the slow drain.

The not charging could be battery health protection, where the OS doesnt charge the battery past 80%, this is as if you fully charge the battery it will lose its max charge much faster than chrging to only 80%. This is sometimes on by default and is in acer care centre:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/software-acer-care-center

Tune up -> Check up  ->  Battery -> Battery charge limit

If you would like to check the actual health of the battery, run in an admin cmd or powershell
    powercfg /batteryreport

This will spit out a HTML report telling you the cycle count, health, wear, and max. If its a new laptop, i would expect that the wear would be tiny or even above the reported max!
  • MikeAKACheffy
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The model number is PH317-54 - Thanks 'll give the Battery health protection settings. 
  • MikeAKACheffy
    Options
    Battery recalibration and settings = solved - thank you!
  • Leostat
    Options
    Great glad it helped :) Hopefully it doesnt come back!