How to get the original windows product key? Aspire ES1-572-366K

Panda11
Panda11 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited January 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hi, I have an Acer Aspire ES1-572-366K laptop. I accidentally made some changes and it was unable to restart and stuck in a preparing automatic repair loop. I took is to the store and he said the HDD has to formatted and after that he was unable to restore from the backup usb drive. So where can I get the original windows 10 product key?

Best Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    The Windows product key is embedded on the mainboard, no longer on the HDD. You can re-install Win10 for free with Microsoft's USB media creation tool  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    edited January 2021 Answer ✓
    I would get rid of the dodge version as there is no knowing what's been done to it, but when you say the store has how do you know?

The key is in read only memory on the motherbaord, when you install from the media creation tool it auto activates. If you want to read the product key you can run from an admin cmd prompt:

wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    >>>Has the original windows product key be overwritten with the pirated key? >>>

Unlikely since it would've been embedded in a mainboard chip ONLY if the machine was originally sold with a valid ACER OEM factory-installed Windows 10 HOWEVER,  if the machine was originally sold with ACER-installed Linux or sold without a factory-installed operating system or a pirated Win10 version, then you will have to pay for a valid Windows 10 installation license or it cannot be activated. Jack E/NJ
    i

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    The Windows product key is embedded on the mainboard, no longer on the HDD. You can re-install Win10 for free with Microsoft's USB media creation tool  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Panda11
    Thanks JackE but the store has already installed a pirated copy of windows 10. So how do I reinstall windows 10 with my original key?
  • Panda11
    Has the original windows product key be overwritten with the pirated key?
  • Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    edited January 2021 Answer ✓
    I would get rid of the dodge version as there is no knowing what's been done to it, but when you say the store has how do you know?

The key is in read only memory on the motherbaord, when you install from the media creation tool it auto activates. If you want to read the product key you can run from an admin cmd prompt:

wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    >>>Has the original windows product key be overwritten with the pirated key? >>>

Unlikely since it would've been embedded in a mainboard chip ONLY if the machine was originally sold with a valid ACER OEM factory-installed Windows 10 HOWEVER,  if the machine was originally sold with ACER-installed Linux or sold without a factory-installed operating system or a pirated Win10 version, then you will have to pay for a valid Windows 10 installation license or it cannot be activated. Jack E/NJ
    i

Jack E/NJ