ACER Predator Orion 3000 PO3-620 Gaming PC Help

Deconn
Deconn Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Hi I got my son a Acer predator Orion 3000 p03-620 pc for Xmas. Today the gpu was at 81 and the cpu 92, how come it’s so hot? I’ve researched and apparently just the one fan going in and one going out may be what’s contributing toward this. Is there an upgrade for this? Also what’s a good cpu cooler to add to it? It’s limited by space so unsure what to add. Thank you for any help it’s greatly appreciated. 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,401 Trailblazer
    Those are actually not very far off the nominal temperature when doing heavy gaming. It's possible you son has switched the fan control from the automatic settings to custom ones in Predator Sense or through a different utility. Typically they have the fan tables set to drive the fans at full speed only when the CPU temp gets into the upper 80s and start to throttle to drop temps in the middle 90s.
    There have been a fair number of modders who have put additional case fans in, often a matched set at front and back, one pulling air and the other pushing, to increase airflow.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Deconn

Tinkerer

billsey said:
    Those are actually not very far off the nominal temperature when doing heavy gaming. It's possible you son has switched the fan control from the automatic settings to custom ones in Predator Sense or through a different utility. Typically they have the fan tables set to drive the fans at full speed only when the CPU temp gets into the upper 80s and start to throttle to drop temps in the middle 90s.
    There have been a fair number of modders who have put additional case fans in, often a matched set at front and back, one pulling air and the other pushing, to increase airflow.
    Thanks for the reply, he either had it set on auto or gamine so full speed I expect auto. I’ve ordered a better cpu cooler so hopefully that will. As for the case fans there on 90mm at the front bottom and one at the back top. I’m not sure where else I could fit more as it’s tight for space. 
  • billsey
    Those sound like they should do the job. You can swap the stock fans with fans that have a higher CFM rating, but those will also increase the noise. TANSTAAFL...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Deconn

Tinkerer

billsey said:
    Those sound like they should do the job. You can swap the stock fans with fans that have a higher CFM rating, but those will also increase the noise. TANSTAAFL...

I wouldn’t know what the original fan cfl rating is or what ones to get. Any recommendations? Thank you. 
  • billsey
    All I can find on the fan is: 9CM FROST BLADE RGB FAN, DP.13411.0CX. FrostBlade is a trademark of Apevia, but they only offer 120mm fans under that brand, and yours is a 90mm (9cm). AeroCool makes a 90mm RGB fan with middle 30s CFM, so you might use that as a reference...
  • Fingarn
    Fingarn Member Posts: 51 Devotee WiFi Icon
    @Deconn did you manage to upgrade cpu cooler? What did you upgrade with? Any comments? Thanks for any info.