Supported ram Nitro 5 AN515-53

Options
Austin153532
Austin153532 Member Posts: 9 New User
edited January 2021 in Acer Software
Hey, I’m fairly new to PC gaming however I want to up grade my ram from 8gb to 16gb I have an Acer Nitro 5 AN515-53 series. Will ram with 2666mhz work without crashing. Like I said I’m very new so I don’t know a lot about this

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,140 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi,
    Download and install CPU-z, run it and find out the specs of the current memory module in Memory tab and SPD tab, then buy another 8GB module with same specs as your current module, you can buy any brand but make sure that you don mix RAM with XMP profiles(eg.HyperX module), if you are not sure, please post the pictures of Memory tab and SPD tab.
    CPU-Z | Softwares | CPUID
  • Austin153532
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Hi,
    Download and install CPU-z, run it and find out the specs of the current memory module in Memory tab and SPD tab, then buy another 8GB module with same specs as your current module, you can buy any brand but make sure that you don mix RAM with XMP profiles(eg.HyperX module), if you are not sure, please post the pictures of Memory tab and SPD tab.

This is the spec I found but how do I know the right Sk Hynix card to get? 

• Austin153532
    Options
    Hi,
    I downloaded and ran it. This is what I got. 
  • Austin153532
    Options
    Hi,
    Now how do I know which is the right SK Hynix card to get? Would it just be easier to buy a 16gb ram card?
  • Austin153532
    Options
    Hi,
    Now how do I know which is the right SK Hynix card to get? Would it just be easier to buy a 16gb ram card?
  • Austin153532
    Options
    Hi,
  • Austin153532
    Options
    Hi,
  • Austin153532
    Options
    Hi,
  • Austin153532
    Options
    Hi,
    I have an SK Hynix 8gb ram card 2400htz. Would it just be easier to buy a 16gb ram card? Idk what is compatible 
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,042 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi,
    I have an SK Hynix 8gb ram card 2400htz. Would it just be easier to buy a 16gb ram card? Idk what is compatible 
    Go to the Intel or AMD site (depends on what CPU you have?) and get the specs of the CPU and look under Memory Type specs from there, it tell you the max memory speeds that your CPU can support.