After RAM upgrade laptop not turning ON☹️ aspire e1 531

Dastageersha
Dastageersha Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited January 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Upgraded RAM laptop turned ON but when i shut down the laptop it will not turn ON again, when i press power button it will turn ON(no disply) makes some sound and turns OFF. Again i have to remove RAM and reinsert the same and laptop turns ON and the problem repeats when i turn OFF the laptop 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    If the laptop still turns on with the old RAM, the new RAM is either defective or incompatible with your machine. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Dastageersha

Tinkerer

Laptop turns ON with both the RAMs or placing at a time only once, once i shutdown laptop it will not turn ON again. Ill have to again clean RAMs and turn ON laptop. 
  • JackE
    edited January 2021
    Does this also now happen with the old RAM? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Dastageersha

Tinkerer

The laptops turn ON with both the RAMs (old or new or together) but only once. When i shutdown laptop, when i want to turn ON laptop for 2nd time, the laptops makes some sound near hard disk or cd drive and shuts down broi. 
  • JackE
    Please. I am interested in ONLY the old RAM. Does the ONLY old RAM behave the same way? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Dastageersha

Tinkerer

When i insert OLD RAM the laptop turns ON for the first time and when i shut down laptop the laptop will not turn ON for the second time, again i have to remove RAM and insert it back then Laptop turns ON
  • JackE
    With only the old RAM installed, turn off the laptop. Remove the charger. Gently insert a paperclip into the battery reset pinhole on the bottom for 30 seconds. Then plug the charge back in. Wait till the battery charge LED turns from steady orange to steady blue. Then test the laptop again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Dastageersha

Tinkerer

Battery is removable buddy, cant see battery reset pinhole 
  • JackE
    Perhaps you better reveal the full ACER model number.  It  sounds like a much older laptop with the external battery pack. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Dastageersha

Tinkerer

Acer aspire e1 531 jack
  • JackE
    edited January 2021
    (1) What are the full specs, specs and manufacturer of both the old and new DDR3 RAM modules?
    (2) What was original factory installed operating system? win7, Win8x or  something else?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Dastageersha

Tinkerer

Will do it in some time broi