No bootable device acer aspire 3

Options
2»

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,543 Trailblazer
    Options
    >>>I’m not sure if it’s the connector because the hdd is on when I turn the laptop on. >>>

How do you know it's on? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Gamerjj
    Gamerjj Member Posts: 21 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Well I do hear something in the hdd section.
  • JackE
    Options
    Sorry, you're likely hearing the CPU fan. If the HDD0 isn't identified in the BIOS INFORMATION tab, it's not working. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Gamerjj
    Options
    Hdd makes a little noise and stops that’s what I hear.
  • Gamerjj
    Options
    Unless it’s something else making a noise.
  • JackE
    Options
    Yes, it's the CPU fan making the noise.  When you first turn on the machine,  It starts up at higher speed for a few moments then slows down. If the HDD0 isn't identified in the BIOS INFORMATION tab, it's not working. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Gamerjj
    Options
    Can it be fixed?.
  • JackE
    Options
    First you must remove the HDD and check the HDD cables and connectors to the mainboard. Pull everything out and put it back together again. If it still doesn't show up in the BIOS Information tab, the you must  see if the HDD works and can be seen by FileExplore on another computer's USB port with a 2.5" HDD-to-USB adapter cable. Less than about $10. If the HDD cannot be seen in the other computer's USB port, then it probably cannot be saved. If it can be seen, then either the ribbon cable or mainboard is a problem. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• musicrab
    musicrab Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Options
    Gamerjj said:
    Can it be fixed?.
    Is there important stuff on the HDD?   If there is then options vary from removing it and 1. using a 2.5" HDD-to-USB adapter cable/caddy and seeing if you can access the drive on another computer or 2. sending the HDD off for professional data rerieval.
    If it is the HDD that is broken then you can buy a ne w HDD (or SSD) and clean install Windows10 on the laptop.
  • Gamerjj
    edited January 2021
    Options
    There is stuff I got on the hdd, but how will I be able to get it?.
  • JackE
    Options
    Like mentioned earlier, You must  see if the HDD works and can be seen by FileExplore on another computer's USB port with a 2.5" HDD-to-USB adapter cable. Less than about $10. If it can be seen by FileExplore then you can copy your personal files to the other computer. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Gamerjj
    Options
    Oh, okay. I’ll try that.