PH315-52-710B How to add a monitor

JDad67
JDad67 Member Posts: 3 New User
Ive read different things about using the HDMI port vs the mini display port for playing games on external monitor (MSI Optix G27C2). I tried the hdmi port (that came with monitor) and it killed the power supply somehow. Got it repaired but now Im scared to try again. Monitor works fine. Sorry to sound like a newb but is there a proper, safe way, to add a monitor to a laptop, specifically PH315-52-710B 2019 model? Has anyone done this successfully with that model? Im about to sell this laptop but really dont want to. Thank you

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Both should be fine and shouldnt cause any issues! They should both be plug and play with nothing more than plugging the cable in 

When you say the power supply do yo mean the power adapter, or the motherboard?
  • JDad67
    JDad67 Member Posts: 3 New User
    The laptop is being serviced now by Acer, thankfully still under warranty, so I dont know yet. But I suspect it was battery related because when I plugged in the power adapter, it still showed a blue light (showing adpter TRYING to give power) on the side but battery wouldnt hold power. I used the same power brick. Wondering if that made some sort of surge or something... >shrug< Thats never happened before for me though in my 20+ years of using PCs.