Acer Nitro AN-515-54 FREEZING/BLACK SCREEN ISSUE

Options
Kid_Strider
Kid_Strider Member Posts: 6 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Ok so I have this problem and I’ve been trying to figure it out for days. I have recently got my laptop repaired from Acer about my laptop not turning on at all and now my laptop will now freeze daily. When it freezes it will be completely still, nothing on the screen is moving but I can hear the sound and when the black screen happens, i see nothing at all, I am forced to reset cause Ctrl alt delete will not do anything. I have timed it and it freezes from a span of 15-25 minutes and only times when I’m lucky does it last long.

I have tried updating all my graphic drivers, changing some power options in many tutorials, updating ALL my drivers, checked my laptop for viruses and there was nothing. I did scans and all of them said that the laptop was completely fine! I even refreshed and restarted my whole laptop. Event viewer and reliability do not show anything but only are aware of the sudden shut downs. It does not freeze in safe mode or in bios.
what do I do?????
(this is my 2nd form cause I was not able to find my answer in the first one)
Graphics: Intel (R) UHD Graphics 630 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
SSD FIRMWARE: Kingston 

Answers

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Options
    Did you try clean installing windows and see if that helps?
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • Kid_Strider
    Kid_Strider Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options
    sri369 said:
    I tried restarting my whole laptop, which should of reinstalled windows. If there is any other method's i should try, please let me know.
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Options
    sri369 said:
    I tried restarting my whole laptop, which should of reinstalled windows. If there is any other method's i should try, please let me know.
    Restarting is not reinstalling. If you mean resetting, no, that is not clean installing. Clean installing is making bootable media for 20H2 from microsoft site, and using that to install Windows. Remember, backup your data first, and use this process as a clean install - meaning select the option "remove everything".
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045