Predator Helios 300 - Battery drains "fully" on startup (PH315-52)

JsASpUsrnm
JsASpUsrnm Member Posts: 1 New User
Hi all,

My laptops battery can last for 2.5-3 hours of light web browsing off AC and looks fine on the windows battery report. When I start up my laptop from powered off position while on AC, I see some amount of battery drain, but the battery will often still have ~50% overnight.

When I start up my laptop not connected to the AC, the battery display will quickly plummet to 0% and my computer will shut off again. This happens even if I charge my battery to 100%, unplug, power off and immediately power on right after. If do the same while connected to AC, it will keep its 100% battery. 

Is there a software or hardware issue that could cause an otherwise functional battery to discharge completely on startup?

Answers

• Ingrid-Acer
    Ingrid-Acer Administrator Posts: 3,552 Community Administrator
    Hello JsASpUsrnm

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your unit, I suggest you try a battery reset by unplug the AC power adapter, press and hold the Power button down for 15 seconds. This will perform a software battery reset that may resolve the issue. If the issue persists We suggest you to contact your local support for further assistance. 

Best Regards, 
    Acer-Ingrid