Bought an Acer Aspire 3 A315-23-R1UM, What Now?

wljly299aex5
wljly299aex5 Member Posts: 1 New User
So I picked up this Acer Aspire 3 A315-23-R1UM from Walmart some months back & now I'm looking to upgrade it. Two big questions, first being the systems memory; How many GBs of RAM does this laptops mobo support? Second question is more important, does this laptops mobo have an M.2 slot AND, does it utilize PCIe and the NVME interface protocol? I've spent a bit of time researching this last question however I'm having a hard time finding anything. Ultimately I could just open this laptop & look for myself, but I'd prefer to know what I'm getting into prior & I also want to make sure if I'm upgrading the storage that I'm getting the right storage. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you  :)

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    Original specs suggest an 8GB DDR4 sodimm 2400MHz or greater can be added for a max of 12GB RAM with the original 4GB soldered RAM on the mainboard. You should be able to use up to a 2TB nvme card with no issues. It also supports a 2.5" SATA3 HDD/SSD. Plenty of possibilities with plenty of cash.  :)   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ