Brand new Nitro N50-610, wifi keeps disconnecting (sort of).

Vasir
Vasir Member Posts: 3 New User
edited December 2020 in Nitro Gaming
Hello! I just got a new Nitro on boxing day. As soon as I installed Epic games and Steam and began downloading, I noticed my browser loses wifi (Epic games is still downloading fine however). Nothing seems to have an issue loading prior to Epic (the first thing I installed other than chrome, lastpass, etc). I can disconnect wifi and reconnect and it works for a bit. My first thought was to update the driver. I haven't been on Windows for a few years but I can see in device manager for Intel Wifi 6 AX201 160 MHz driver number is: 
Driver Date: 09/17/2020
Driver Version: 22.0.0.6
Driver Provider: Intel

So I found this page: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/8411?b=1
And I see it offers the following wifi driver from Intel:

Date:

2020/10/06

Version:

so as you can see, that is a newer date but an older version. Is that the correct driver? Or is there another way to fix this issue?

Answers

• Vasir
    Just tried updating it figuring I could roll back but I don't think that's the right driver, still on 22.0.0.6
  • ScubaPuffin
    ScubaPuffin Member Posts: 3 New User
    Have you sorted this? Having same issues!
  • Vasir
    Have you sorted this? Having same issues!
    Unfortunately not yet. Is your issue specifically with epic games?
  • JacobDriver
    JacobDriver Member Posts: 3 New User
    I have the same issue and I don't even have epic games installed. Although my situation doesn't meet your exact criteria. I got my desktop in early December and for a couple of weeks it would work fine but then at random points in the day, several times a day, every day my wifi would cut out, In the windows network search UI It would look like I was still connected with 4-5 bars however nothing would load. I've tried different browsers, resetting my network, etc but nothing has worked. At this point, it is becoming almost unusable being offline for hours at a time every day.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    June 10th is earlier than September 17th, they're just displayed in a different format.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JacobDriver
    JacobDriver Member Posts: 3 New User
    Using a USB wifi connector has worked for me.