My G3-572 predator is stuck at 0% while plugged in

Ches
Ches Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

This happened after I performed a battery reset through the pin hole at the back. I did it because I thought it would fix an issue that Ive been having where my laptop randomly shuts down while playing games. Turns out it made it worst and now I have that problem and laptop isn't charging anymore. Tried reinstalling drivers too but didn't work. 

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    In windows what does windows think the battery health is when you run

powercfg /batteryreport 

And did you try the hold power button for 15 secs, make sure off, then hold the power pin for 5 secs?

• Ches

Tinkerer

i dont really understand your first question but I did try holding off the power button and power pin method. Just checked the battery report, an i noticed that when the problem occured it says that my battery capacity was at 207% and is still at 207% when i generated the report
  • Ches

Tinkerer

yeah i think its time for a new battery.....
  • Leostat
    Ah sorry for the confusion!

And Eek thats not much battery, that has me suspicous that you may be able to save it though, there is no way it is actually that unless it is a really old laptop. The battery reset may have confused it, try turning off all the power saving settings, and change the auto power off to like 1%. Plug it in to the fake 100%, unplug, let it die, do the hold power for 15 secs, battery reset, plug in the power adater and leave it for a bit. Boot and run the powercf command again. 

If you are lucky the controller on the battery has just got confused, if not, its foo bard!  Out of curiosity whats the cycle count of your battery?
  • Ches

Tinkerer

Okay I did everything that you asked me to and nothing worked. It doesn't show my cycle count in the battery report.
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,731 Pathfinder
    Ches said:
    Okay I did everything that you asked me to and nothing worked. It doesn't show my cycle count in the battery report.
    Install a small program called battery bar - it would show battery wear more accurately.

-----
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
  • Ches

Tinkerer

this is what i got
  • Leostat
    That sounds like the controller on the battery then if the cycle count is gone. The battery is probably refusing to accept charge as a safety measure as it can't see it's health
  • Ches

Tinkerer

I see, is there anything else that i can possibly do before getting a new battery? Planning to get a new one in the next few days.
  • sri369
    Ches said:
    I see, is there anything else that i can possibly do before getting a new battery? Planning to get a new one in the next few days.
    I would advise taking to the service center. If the battery controller is gone, unless the battery comes with controller, I wouldn't be too sure. Or maybe you could try checking with a different battery at the dealer or service center and see if that works before gettting a new battery.
    -----
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
  • Leostat
    Controller is on the battery and I don't know anything that can interface with it im afraid :( only read it! Service centre or self replace would be my next stop
  • sri369
    Leostat said:
    Controller is on the battery and I don't know anything that can interface with it im afraid :( only read it! Service centre or self replace would be my next stop
    That's what I too think, but not sure. But either way, hope it works out  for you.
    -----
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
  • Ches

Tinkerer

Alright then, it's going to a service center today. Thanks to both of you for the help.