Predator Desktop Freezing/Stuttering

Options
braydenchapman38
braydenchapman38 Member Posts: 2 New User

Acer Predator Orion will occasionally freeze up and mute my discord, the stutter/freeze only lasts for a second but messes up my discord for some reason. I have updated all the drivers I can find and was wondering if anyone knew of a simple fix so I dont have to go and return the pc 

SPECS

Acer Predator Orion Intel Core i7 3.2GHz 16GB RAM 512GB SSD + 1TB HDD Gaming PC 2060 SUper

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    Does it happen only in Discord, or anywhere else?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • braydenchapman38
    braydenchapman38 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    It happened while playing games or just leaving the pc idle I’ve done a few things and it fixed it somehow 
  • Krukzah
    Krukzah Member Posts: 30 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    It happened while playing games or just leaving the pc idle I’ve done a few things and it fixed it somehow 
    What did u do to fix this? I have 3000-620 po3 and exact same problem??
  • Krukzah
    Options
    Sorry to ask again, but really need this solution. 
  • ttbd
    ttbd Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    would love to know a solution to this too since i’ve got the exact same issue
  • Krukzah
    Options
    I asked Braydenchapman38 in private message, he replied the solution did not work after all. So still no solution at all to this, I still have the issue, also after a factory reset. 
  • unixfreak0037
    unixfreak0037 Member Posts: 10 New User
    Options
    I bought the same system and am having the exact same issue as well. My google searches brought me to a tool called LatencyMon that seems to identify what the issue might be, something about driver ISR routines taking too long. The common advice on forums is to "update the BIOS".

I've updated to the latest firmware, updated all drivers, and even updated to the last Windows version and nothing seems to help.

I regret purchasing this system. I wish I could return it but I've already swapped out the noisy case fans it came with.
  • Krukzah
    Options
    Please refer to my post with a temp. solution, until Acer figures out what is wrong :)@unixfreak0037