Acer EK240Y Abi - How to remove the stand

Kryo
Kryo Member Posts: 1 New User
I've been trying to remove the stand for a while, I thought that you just had to press the middle piece on the stand itself but it didn't work, and I can't find anything relating to the stand anywhere in the manual.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    It looks like the right angle piece of the stand that it attached to the back of the screen stays in place, the vertical part of the stand unplugs from it, potentially using that hole in the back to release the catch.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    It looks like the right angle piece of the stand that it attached to the back of the screen stays in place, the vertical part of the stand unplugs from it, potentially using that hole in the back to release the catch.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • LCSMITH62
    LCSMITH62 Member Posts: 1 New User
    i Finally got it to work. you have to push in and down on the little tab in the middle.  You can also remove the base from the stick by pushing in on the latches.. here is an extract from the manual.  I am disappointed that no one from acer responded. 
  • billsey
    Remember that this is a community support board. Acer techs don't monitor it... All you get is us users. :)
  • Foxtrot860
    Foxtrot860 Member Posts: 2 New User

I am having a similar problem. I need to remove the angle piece as well. Acer claims that this is VESA mountable but how when there are parts in the way? If someone has any info on how to remove the factory mounted angle piece I would appreciate it.