Where can i download Acer PBR Utility Fix?

Options
Teodor
Teodor Member Posts: 77 Die Hard WiFi Icon
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
I accidentally deleted the recovery image, unfortunately, I don't have a recovery drive, I don't want to buy a recovery media, because I'm sure that will cost a lot of money.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,618 Trailblazer
    Options
    Sorry, the image is specific to your machine's serial number id (SNID) and should've been backed up on a USB recovery drive when you first acquired and setup the machine.. The USB recovery bootable image might be available from a regional ACER service center or authorized dealer. Price usually runs about $50USD if available, maybe less, maybe more. You must call and check to find out.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Teodor
    Teodor Member Posts: 77 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    edited December 2020
    Options
    JackE said:
    Sorry, the image is specific to your machine's serial number id (SNID) and should've been backed up on a USB recovery drive when you first acquired and setup the machine.. The USB recovery bootable image might be available from a regional ACER service center or authorized dealer. Price usually runs about $50USD if available, maybe less, maybe more. You must call and check to find out.  Jack E/NJ
    Or I can just make Windows 10 installation media, so I can restore my computer to the factory defaults without acer's bloatware.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,618 Trailblazer
    Options
    Yes, you can use the USB media creation tool to install the generic Win10 version. You may have to download some ACER specific drivers or system files if you find red or yellow or missing device drivers in Device Manager. To my knowledge, there are no ACER specific system utilities (QuickAccess, Sense, CareCenter) that are considered useless bloatware. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ