My Acer Nitro AN-515-54 freezing up randomly problem.

Options
Kid_Strider
Kid_Strider Member Posts: 6 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I've just recently got my laptop repaired at acer and it came back fixed, it worked for a while and then 3 days later, my laptop has been freezing up randomly.
I can not move the cursor and sometimes it even is black screens, I tried updating my drivers, reinstalling them, messing with my power options and checking for drivers on my graphics websites. 
Help?
Graphics: Intel (R) UHD Graphics 630 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050

Answers

• ragsak28
    ragsak28 Ally Posts: 677
    Options
    Hi @Kid_Strider

You can try to refresh the laptop to see whether it makes any difference.

Find the steps below to refresh the laptop.

To refresh your PC

1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)

2. Tap or click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Recovery.

3. Under Refresh your PC without affecting your files, tap or click Get started.

4. Follow the instructions on the screen.

Hope it will help you in some way.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options
    Does Event Viewer record any errors when the freeze-ups happen? If you boot into the BIOS and wander around does it freeze there? If not, how about when booted into Safe Mode in Windows?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Kid_Strider
    Options
    billsey said:
    Does Event Viewer record any errors when the freeze-ups happen? If you boot into the BIOS and wander around does it freeze there? If not, how about when booted into Safe Mode in Windows?
    Yes it does record errors. But not always and most of the times, the errors are not about the shut down. And how do i boot to Safe mode in windows and BIOS?
  • Kid_Strider
    Options
    billsey said:
    Ive checked it and no it didnt freeze in either
  • Kid_Strider
    Options
    CassieW said:
    Hi,

You may also try running an antivirus program to check and remove viruses and malware.
    Then, make sure the hard drive, especially boot partition has enough free disk space. Delete unnecessary files and programs.
    In addition, updating BIOS may be helpful.
    I have ran through the scan and it said that I have no viruses still.