Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55 2020 /Predator 2020 Bios Update Recommendations!

Volcanic
Volcanic Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited December 2020 in Nitro Gaming
Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55 2020 Model Bios Update Recommendations !

Would you please all advise with the Bios Updates? I m running with the default V1.0 Bios version. Panel brightness adjustment is also quite slow and laggy while changing the screen brightness and I cant adjust the Bluetooth speaker from the keyboard too, is that related to bios settings? My old Asus Rog can do it!

I7-10750H runs quite hot even though I have replaced it with the thermal paste Kryonaut. Is anyone knows how to unlock the undervolting as I know Intel Extreme Tuning is locked and some people tuning the system from Throttlestop, has anyone undervolted i7 10th gen from the Throttlestop? Would you please share your tuned specs?

Bios Update as follows current to older:
1. Update Insyde solution for 20H2. 2. Update Microcode. V1.10
2. Update panel brightness table. V1.08
3. Improve some i7 CPU compatibility issue V.1.07
4. Fix crisis update process stop issue V1.06
5.Enhance features support for factory process.
   Update ME FW 14.0.37.1165 for 20H1.
   Update Insyde solution CVE-2020-5955/ CVE-2020-5954/ CVE-2020-5951 for 20H1. V1.04

It is a shame that there is not full information in regards to all Bios updates as well as on the internet and Acer's support website. It will be really appreciated if you guys can give me recommendations to issue to the mentioned problems and their feedbacks with the Bios Updates?

Thanks All.

Answers

• ERICDV5
    ERICDV5 Member Posts: 4 New User

Hi, I have the same model and the same "problem". Updating the BIOS has solved something? Thank you.
  • Volcanic
    Volcanic Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

ERICDV5 said:

Hi, I have the same model and the same "problem". Updating the BIOS has solved something? Thank you.
    Hi Eric,
    I m still with the Bios V1.0, same people have updated their bios to V1.06, further versions of bios updates blocks the i7 tuning also the from Throttle stop. How is your Cpu Temps on idle and on performance mode like gaming? I solved the tune control problem from the keyboard for the Bluetooth speakers. 
  • BerkerYazgı
    BerkerYazgı Member Posts: 3 New User
    After the 1.10 update, the boot and application startup speeds became very slow. I bought the device with the 1.4 Bios version, there was no problem. I wish I never upgraded.
  • ERICDV5
    ERICDV5 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Volcanic, thanks for you answer. At last i updated to version 1.08 and goes little better but not do miracles. The function up/down brightness still slow. My temps on gaming are so high, i have an another discussion on my profile speaking about (in spanish). My solution to the temps was simple and effective, the overclocking isnt an option for the risk, so the only thing i do is down the GHZ of the CPU for lowing de temps. As normal frequenzy my laptop goes to 4.0 GHZ and suffer  thermal throttling (IDLE 60º and GAMING +90º), so i down GHZ on to the ENERGY OPTIONS to 3.50GHZ and the temps better (IDLE 40º and GAMING 85º MAX.). I hope that was helpfully for you. And sorry about my english.