Our Predator Z35 screen does not reach 144Hz but instead tops at 100Hz

Options
DouweHorsthuis
DouweHorsthuis Member Posts: 3 New User
Hi,
So I work at a cognitive neuroscience lab where collect EEG (brain) data while people often look at a screen where we project stimuli. We have a Predator Z35 screen (the version that goes up to 144Hz) and we bought an extra DisplayPort cable that also allows for this. However it still tops at 100Hz. 

When opening the Nvidia control panel I see that, beside that 100Hz is the max, that the top resolution is 2560X1080 (is this too few for 144Hz?)

These is the system info for this computer: 

My big question is: why can't this computer get the screen to go to 144Hz?

*side note, the drivers on these computer do not get auto updated since we do not connect this machine to the internet. I can update drivers but I would have to do it manually.

Answers

• DouweHorsthuis
    Options
    As an update, I've added a different video card (Nvidia Quadro 2000) that goes up to 120Hz, but it still doesn't allow me to select more than 100Hz.
  • Myhrddin
    Myhrddin Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited January 2021
    Options
    You're probably using an HDMI cable..?... I believe that you're going to get the refresh you want via a good Display Port cable/connection. I think a decent cable came with the monitor..
    You may be able to get a better refresh with HDMI if you use the correct port on the monitor and the cable is rated for more than you're looking to get from it.. I don't recall the standard version releases on the cables but, that matters as much as the card & screen.
    *cheers
     Hope this helps. Let us know.
  • DouweHorsthuis
    Options
    Thank you for your response! 
    I am not using an HDMI cable, I bought specifally a displayport 1.4 cable that should be able to be able to go as high as we need it to go (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07J2PGGFX?ref_=pe_1815430_211938580)

unfortunately we don't have the cable anymore, but the cable has to be over 10ft anyway because the screen is situated inside an booth, while the PC is outside of the booth.