Nitro 5 AN515_55_59U5 no option for LCD Overdrive

Samson17
Samson17 Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

My Model variant is AN515-55-59U5, This is the Acer's official store page for this variant:

It says:

•39.6 cm (15.6") display with IPS (In-Plane Switching) technology, Full HD 1920 x 1080, high-brightness (300 nits) Acer ComfyViewTM LED-backlit TFT LCD supporting 144 Hz,3ms Overdrive

As per my check, Overdrive makes the pixels transition colors faster, basically it reduces ghosting. From this I understand that it should reduce the LCD response rate to 3ms as advertised.
PFB the screencap of Nitro Sense.
imagepng
I alsochecked Nitro 5 page which clearly mentions that 3ms response time is available for 144Hz panels in this 2020 Nitro 5

Can anyone help?

Answers

• Samson17

Tinkerer

A little edit, above mentioned my variant site is wrong!

The correct site is given below
    https://store.acer.com/en-in/acer-nitro-5-an515-55-58eb-9

Thanks!
  • Is there a stamp on the display indicating that your model comes with 144Hz? Can you tell the monitor's hardware?

Have you checked this key?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Samson17

Tinkerer

Thank you for your reply
    I have checked as you asked me, i'll share those screenshots!

Display Stamp:

Monitor Hardware:

Reg Edit:

I hope my Notebook has a LCD overdrive option!
    because the website variant and my device variant is same as there is a barcode sticker below the laptop!!

thanks!!
  • According to panelook, this is the display: https://www.panelook.com/modeldetail.php?id=44336
    Try uninstalling and reinstalling nitro sense.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Samson17

Tinkerer

According to panelook, this is the display: https://www.panelook.com/modeldetail.php?id=44336
    Try uninstalling and reinstalling nitro sense.
    I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the nitro sense app 
    I downloaded the file from the acer site. 
    still not getting the overdrive option!!!
  • Try reinstalling windows by pressing alt + f10 before the acer logo. In addition, I think that only a few monitors are compatible with this function:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Samson17

Tinkerer

Try reinstalling windows by pressing alt + f10 before the acer logo. In addition, I think that only a few monitors are compatible with this function:

I'll try reinstalling windows! 

Overdrive option is advertised in their Acer store site,
    The model they advertised and mine is same, it's AN515-55-59U5. So it's sure that my monitor have supports it. If not what can I do against Acer?😤
  • This is your monitor: LM156LF2F01

I suggest that you contact the seller.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Samson17

Tinkerer

Try reinstalling windows by pressing alt + f10 before the acer logo. In addition, I think that only a few monitors are compatible with this function:

could please share the site URL of the site which you shared above ?
  • Samson17

Tinkerer

This is your monitor: LM156LF2F01

I suggest that you contact the seller.
    basically ACER cheated me.....!!! advertised one and selling other!!!
    i contacted acer and they are asked me to visit service center..
    can u please tell me what can i do against ACER???
  • Could you download hwinfo64 and then post a screenshot?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Samson17

Tinkerer

Could you download hwinfo64 and then post a screenshot?

ok here it is!!!

• This screenshot:

Confirms what is shown in the service guide:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Samson17

Tinkerer

Yeahegydiocoelho said:
    This screenshot:

Confirms what is shown in the service guide:

Yeah, I understood! I just contacted Acer customer care! They were not aware of this LCD overdrive even their Level2 support and they told me by checking, I have 250nits and 25ms screen! They said they can replace the screen. But if they replace the same display panel. Why should i replace? 
    Can they replace with a different display panel?

I bought this laptop by checking this spec sheet!
    Just check this image! And its the same variant🤷🏻

Any resolutions?
  • batmalin
    batmalin Member Posts: 4,231 Guru
    We are users here just like you so you have to discuss further with Acer sales or support.
    Please click "Yes" if I have answered your question.
    Userbench: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31177158

• Is it possible that you can still exchange the laptop with the seller?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Samson17

Tinkerer

Is it possible that you can still exchange the laptop with the seller?
    yeah now I am cheking with ACER!! its been 2 months i bought!!
  • Ok! After, post the result here.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Samson17

Tinkerer

Ok! After, post the result here.
    Ok I'll update!! I am escalating now.
    Thanks for your support and help!!😃
  • Samson17

Tinkerer

Ok! After, post the result here.
    Hi,
    After contacting the regional manager I have got to know that, the information they have given in the website are wrong.
    They are ready to give me a replacement for LCD panel with 300nits or they are ready to take back the unit! 

This discussion has been closed.