Switch Alpha 12 (SA5-271-37QB) has blue lights but the screen is black

Options
lily001
lily001 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi, I have a Switch Alpha 12 and the issue started about 2 days ago. 

My laptop has a blue light indicating it’s turned on, the keyboard lights up, but my screen remains black. The night before, I had accidentally left it on the cold floor. I have tried waiting a couple of hours and pressing the power and volume button simultaneously, but the black screen remains. When I first tried pressing the power and volume at the same time, the Acer logo did appear but quickly disappeared. After that, I did not see the Acer logo with my other attempts. 

I had the same issue before when I had left it in a cold area about 2 months ago, but it was resolved within the same day after waiting and then pressing the power and volume button at the same time. 

If anyone knows how to resolve this issue, I would be so grateful, thank you! 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Press and hold the power button by itself until the blue light goes away on the power button. Wait just a bit and try turning it back on normally.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • lily001
    Options
    billsey said:
    Press and hold the power button by itself until the blue light goes away on the power button. Wait just a bit and try turning it back on normally.
    Hi, thanks for your reply. I tried that today already, and it came back on normally, but it glitched a bit showing thin vertical lines, so I turned it off. Now I’m back to my original issue. 
  • billsey
    Options
    Do it again, the long press on the power button forces a full power off, and other ways of turning it off might actually sleep or hibernate instead. The display glitches are likely something else, so we'll try and deal with them separately.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • lily001
    Options
    billsey said:
    Do it again, the long press on the power button forces a full power off, and other ways of turning it off might actually sleep or hibernate instead. The display glitches are likely something else, so we'll try and deal with them separately.
    I tried it with the charger plugged in and unplugged but no luck. The power light and keyboard both light up but the screen remains black.
  • billsey
    Options
    So, with it off you have no light on the power button, then you do the press and hold for something like 3 seconds, the light comes on, but it doesn't boot? Does the Acer splash screen show up before the screen goes black?
  • lily001
    Options
    billsey said:
    So, with it off you have no light on the power button, then you do the press and hold for something like 3 seconds, the light comes on, but it doesn't boot? Does the Acer splash screen show up before the screen goes black?
    Exactly. The Acer logo does not appear, the blue light comes on but the screen remains black. 
  • Alexakita444
    Alexakita444 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    This is my exact predicament!!