Are there audio drivers for the Acer Nitro VG220Q (Don't know if that's the official name) for Mac?

SD567946446231
SD567946446231 Member Posts: 4 New User
I have purchased a monitor as a Christmas present for myself to connect to my 2019 Intel core i5 Macbook Air. When I tried to download audio drivers via this website: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/SI/content/support-product/7590?b=1&pn=MM.TDMEE.002 the only available operating system in the list was Windows. Are there Mac audio drivers I can use?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,507 Trailblazer
    Audio drivers are for the audio chips in the computer, not needed for a monitor. Which VG220Q model did you get? Some have speakers, some do not.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • SD567946446231
    billsey said:
    Audio drivers are for the audio chips in the computer, not needed for a monitor. Which VG220Q model did you get? Some have speakers, some do not.
    I think I got the VG0 one because that was what it said on the package, but this monitor does have speakers. So how could I get the audio working?
  • billsey
    So there are usually a bunch of letters after the VG220Q, such as 'bmiix' (which BTW does have speakers).
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • SD567946446231
    billsey said:
    So there are usually a bunch of letters after the VG220Q, such as 'bmiix' (which BTW does have speakers).
    Oh lol it was the VG220Qbmiix one :sunglasses:
  • billsey
    The the monitor should show up just as if you had plugged in a headset. In Windows we choose an output device for audio, I assume it's similar in MacOS. Here's what Apple support says:
    On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Sound, then click Output. Select the device you want to use in the list of sound output devices.

• SD567946446231
    billsey said:
    The the monitor should show up just as if you had plugged in a headset. In Windows we choose an output device for audio, I assume it's similar in MacOS. Here's what Apple support says:
    On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Sound, then click Output. Select the device you want to use in the list of sound output devices.
    I tried this, but it did not work...