How can I restore the ability of my XC 885 to receive Pin number or Password. I type but no results

tonyrail1435
tonyrail1435 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
 When I switch on, the screen lights up with the 'Sign on' box but when I type in Pin Number or password it fails to print in the results. I therefore am unable to use the computer.
Are there any thoughts or advice to cure the problem?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,621 Trailblazer
    Does the keyboard work otherwise? Try booting into the BIOS and test it there.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • tonyrail1435
    No the keyboard does not work. The problem prevents me from even signing in, yet alone booting into the BIOS to test it.
  • billsey
    Then you likely need a replacement keyboard. Try it first in other USB ports to be sure. If you are still in warranty Acer support can get you fixed up. If out of warranty just pick up any keyboard that matches your language. I typically get things like that from a thrift shop, because they are so cheap, but these days I would be tempted to just buy one online because it is likely safer.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • tonyrail1435
    I have already tried a spare Wifi keyboard which I have but it makes no difference.
  • billsey
    Did the wireless keyboard's dongle get attached to a working USB port? Did you pair the two after powering up? A working wired keyboard would be easier for diagnostics, since there is so much less to go wrong.