How to turn off deep sleep option on Acer Predator CG437KP monitor

Options
Axell
Axell Member Posts: 5 New User
I see a setting in the Acer PredatorCG437KP's monitor OSD to turn off deep sleep, but I see it says that it's for HDMI

I don't see a setting to turn off deep sleep for displayport. I have the option to turn off deep sleep for displayport in another monitor I have, but I'm not seeing this in my new Acer Predator CG437KP

How can I disable deep sleep for displayport on the Acer Predator CG437KP ? Disabling this is very important to me because currently, with deep sleep on, my monitor disconnects from windows each time I turn it off and my opened windows get moved to one my other monitors -- I don't want my open windows to be rearranged

Also, when I turn the CG437KP monitor back on, it causes my other monitors to flash/flicker multiple times while it detects and reactivates the CG437KP monitor again. This is very frustrating on multi-monitor setups like mine... I believe having the option to disable deep sleep for displayport on the CG437KP would solve the issues. If this is not currently an option, can it be added in a new driver/firmware update for the Acer Predator CG437KP please  ?? Are there any other solutions or suggestions ? Please advise =(

Answers

• Axell
    Options
    no suggestions anyone ? Does anybody know of an app or way to disable windows monitor auto detect at least ? I've thoughts about that as a workaround, but I haven't found a way to do this... and sadly I guess Acer will not be adding a deep sleep off setting for displayport for this monitor. I really find it weird that this setting isn't a standard thing to have, especially when deep sleep off for HDMI was added for this monitor, and other monitors have deep sleep off for displayport but this monitor doesn't... 
  • Axell
    Options
    So I've also been looking for a way to disable deep sleep for displayport in windows or to disable automatic monitor detection, but I've not found a way unfortunately. However, I had a chat with Acer support earlier today and they told me that they are actually working on adding an option to disable displayport deep sleep and this is coming in a future driver update. They also told me that the new driver for this monitor should be here within 1 month. Hopefully this setting really gets added in a driver update soon... it's frustrating to not have this setting...
  • Axell
    Options
    also, they clarified to me that the CG437K is from USA and the CG437KP is from United Kingdom. I was confused at to why sometimes I was seeing this monitor listed with a P at the end and other times not. My version according to my serial number is actually the USA CG437k version. I imagine the update they're working on is for both versions though
  • JaylumX
    JaylumX Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    Did you get updated firmware?
  • Axell
    edited May 2021
    Options
    JaylumX said:
    Did you get updated firmware?

Hey there. I did not. Honestly I kept waiting and waiting until eventually I gave them a call. I even talked to someone from their level 2 support apparently, and they told me that they were not aware of any new updates or any new firmware coming for this monitor. I even emailed them the transcript of the chat I had with one of their support reps who had told me that this update was coming within a month. The person I talked to over the phone told me they would look more into this and call me back and email me about it, but I never heard back from this person or anyone else from Acer.

They gave me an email (which I used to show them the transcript I had saved, and they confirmed they received this while I was still on the phone with them one time), and I even emailed them multiple times to ask them for an update but received no update or any response. After that, I've just basically been trying to ignore the inconveniences because I've been busy with other stuff to call again and they weren't much help when I did call a few times, but suffice to say I'm very disappointed - especially since it feels like they lied here... maybe I'll call them again one of these days, but I've been feeling like it'd be a waste of time sadly

Oh I also brought up this post that someone else made here about a flickering issue, which has also come up on my monitor while g-sync/adaptive sync is active-

that person apparently was told that there was a firmware update available to address that flickering issue too. However, the person I spoke to from Acer support told me that there was no such thing available...

If someone else talks to them and get anything positive somehow, please post about it here

• JaylumX
    JaylumX Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    Thanks for your reply.  It must be disappointing to get such mixed responses to a frustrating problem.

I e-mailed them last week and the reply was that they cannot confirm if they are going to have any updates in future.
  • MugenPower
    MugenPower Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Options
    Has anyone gotten any updates on this?  I have a similar issue with the CB272U smiiprx but this monitor doesn't even have a Deep Sleep option in the OSD.  I chatted with Acer support and asked them about a FW update for my monitor but they wouldn't confirm anything.

This disconnect/reconnect problem doesn't happen on my PC with an HP monitor connected via DP so it's definitely something fixable, IMO.