Aspire TC-780 Clean Install

Options
PadillaMark
PadillaMark Member Posts: 28 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
Windows 10 USB Installation Creation Tool Clean Install. 
As going Into Bios with F12 on start up I get to the screen Windows setup Screen can someone Please let me know after watching videos 
on YouTube I can't figure out what Partitions  I need to delete. And do I need to create a new Partition to Install Windows Installation from the USB drive here Is a Photo.
Please Help this would be my first clean Install thank you Sirs. 

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,948 Trailblazer
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Windows 10 USB Installation Creation Tool Clean Install. 
    As going Into Bios with F12 on start up I get to the screen Windows setup Screen can someone Please let me know after watching videos 
    on YouTube I can't figure out what Partitions  I need to delete. And do I need to create a new Partition to Install Windows Installation from the USB drive here Is a Photo.
    Please Help this would be my first clean Install thank you Sirs. 
    First and before you do a "Clean Install" download and create the "Create Windows 10 installation media" on your existing computer as you have a UEFI BIOS and the installation USB will be appropriate to your TC-780 and its NOT recommended that you disable both Secure Boot and Fast Boot in the BIOS/UEFI settings, as some systems may not support booting from USB or Flash drives with them enabled. Its safe to have both Secure Boot and Fast Boot in the BIOS/UEFI settings ON

Then (as its too long to explain to you here with so many illustrations that you can understand) look at this detailed, illustrated and extensive guide here: How To Do A Clean Installation Of Windows 10 | Tom's Hardware especially look under "Installation" and take particular note to points 6 and 7 this is especially in regards to "What type of installation do you want?" which is part of the Win-10 installation process, that should be "Custom: Install Windows Only (Advanced)" and you want to select Delete all existing partitions on the primary HDD until only unallocated space remains and the only remaining item shows Drive 0 Unallocated space. As this will give you a "Fresh Clean Install" and your total drive size and free space should be the same (approximately) as the size of the bare boot drive that you are installing into and have. Good luck