Internal DVD writer for XC895 desktop

stew1802
stew1802 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
Can anyone please tell me where I can get an internal DVD writer compatible with the XC895 desktop pc?

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    The power cable that goes between the motherboard and the SATA devices is Acer part number: 50.VQED3.001 and it should have two connectors, one the normal SATA sized that connectors to a HDD/SSD and the second the smaller SATA power that connect to the ODD. Those cables are the new standard way to get power for SATA when using an ATX12VO power supply. The motherboard provides both 5V and 12V to the drives, the power supply itself only gives 12V to the MB.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    The Aspire XC-895 uses a standard slimline drive, just make sure the SATA and power ports are the same, some newer machines use a smaller connector for that than the old ones did.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • stew1802
    stew1802 Member Posts: 2 New User
    billsey said:
    The Aspire XC-895 uses a standard slimline drive, just make sure the SATA and power ports are the same, some newer machines use a smaller connector for that than the old ones did.

Thanks billsey, but there is no "standard" sata power connector on the psu, the hard drive has one but it seems to also connect to a small white header on the motherboard. Do DVD drives get their power in the same way? Also, the DVD drive bay seems to be shorter than standard slim drives, there's a bracket sticking up which I presume is where the drive fixing screw goes.
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    The power cable that goes between the motherboard and the SATA devices is Acer part number: 50.VQED3.001 and it should have two connectors, one the normal SATA sized that connectors to a HDD/SSD and the second the smaller SATA power that connect to the ODD. Those cables are the new standard way to get power for SATA when using an ATX12VO power supply. The motherboard provides both 5V and 12V to the drives, the power supply itself only gives 12V to the MB.
This discussion has been closed.