Sent laptop for repairs- Acer Predator Helios 300 2018 model (ph315-51)

Options
Ruenist
Ruenist Member Posts: 1 New User
Well, the thing is, i used my laptop for a year, then using a game my pc overheated and shut down.
had to send my pc for repairs, they had to change the motherboard.
the thing is the boot up symbol is no longer the predator one, but the Green Acer one.
then i was checking my info and aparently windows originaly had my pc named predator 315-51 and now is 315-51.

beside that there is another game i used to play and the pc stayed below 60°C but now after repairs, it stays up to 70° and sometimes spike at 80° or more.
i am worried the motherboard is diferent or something, and the specs be below original standards.

thanks in advance.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,006 Trailblazer
    Options
    Ruenist said:
    Well, the thing is, i used my laptop for a year, then using a game my pc overheated and shut down.
    the thing is the boot up symbol is no longer the predator one, but the Green Acer one.
    then i was checking my info and aparently windows originaly had my pc named predator 315-51 and now is 315-51.

beside that there is another game i used to play and the pc stayed below 60°C but now after repairs, it stays up to 70° and sometimes spike at 80° or more.
    i am worried the motherboard is diferent or something, and the specs be below original standards.

thanks in advance.
    Firstly, Acer Service does not put different mobo specs and cpu/gpu models as a replacement into a laptop. If you are not sure then, download/install and check all the specs with HWiNFO64 and see if the mobo that was replaced is the same spec as what you bought, if its not, then take it back, show them whatever proof that you have of the model laptop that you bought so that Acer Service can change it, simple
  • Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Options
    Sorry to hijack but how long did it take to come back from Acer? 

It could be just that the newer replacement boards haven't been flashed with the predator branding 
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Options
    Ruenist said:

thanks in advance.
    Sorry to hear this Ruenist, but have you contacted the Acer support channels locally to let them know of this situation or the service/repair center that did the repair of your unit so you can confirm the parts that were changed? They might just need to re-install the O.S. again or something to that effect.

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny