XC 830 Internal SATA Power cable

Matbog
Matbog Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
I need to add another HDD in my XC 830, but I need the power cable from mainboart to SATA device.
Where I can buy it? Is there a pinout schematics so I can build myself one?

Answers

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @Matbog
    Do you men power cable or data cable? SATA3 data cable can be found easily from electronic stores or Amazon , Newegg ...etc.
    The power connector is from your power supply to the HDD/SSD device.
  • Matbog
    I have lots of data cable, but the pc doesn not have a standard psu but an external power brick and no internal sata power cable, just a connector on main board
  • DS549
    DS549 Member Posts: 32 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Could you use a splitter where the cables plugs into your HDD......?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    The power for the ODD should have two connectors on it, one for the ODD and one for an optional HDD/SSD. If your SKU doesn't have a ODD then look for the Acer part number: 50.B64D1.001. That's the cable with the two power connectors on it. The PSU is standard, only the new standard released by Intel this year, ATX12VO. It seems to be taking forever for the third parties to bring out bigger supplies...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Matbog
    Psu is external with a round connector 
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @Matbog
    Seems like using a "Y" power splitter is your only choice now.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Ah, OK. the cable is the same one I mentioned though, even with the external 'brick' power supply.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.