Long time black screen during system start Acer Swift 3

Options
Kapi
Kapi Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited December 2020 in Swift and Spin Series
Hi. I have Acer Swift 3 with Windows 10. When I turn on pc I got Acer logo, and then black screen for 15-20 seconds and then login screen. So turining on/reseting laptop with SSD takes about 30 seconds, what isn't normal thing. I'll just add, that when I do soft reset it starts in normal time. Anyone have ideas what is the problem?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,957 Trailblazer
    Options
    That would be normal if the system wasn't shut down fully, it'd be performing a disk scan to make sure nothing got corrupted. Any chance that's the case?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Kapi

Tinkerer

Options
    How can I check if that is the case? And what can I do to repair it?
  • billsey
    Options
    Well, how did you shut down before the slow start happened? Are you just closing the lid, using the power button or choosing Power;Shutdown from the start menu?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Kapi

Tinkerer

Options
    Shutdown from the start menu usually.
  • billsey
    Options
    Does it take a long time to shut down, or show a list of apps that are holding it back?
  • Kapi

Tinkerer

Options
    No it close almost immediately.
  • Kapi

Tinkerer

Options
    And doesnt show any opened apps
  • billsey
    Options
    Could it have updates to do when the problem happens? Do you have any network drives mounted?
  • Kapi

Tinkerer

Options
    No i dont think so. No network drives mounted, too. 
  • Gary2691
    Gary2691 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Do you have antivirus running, sometimes the auto scan will run on start up.
  • billsey
    Options
    Enable the boot log and let's look at what's going on while it hangs. That should help pin it down.
  • Kapi

Tinkerer

Options
    Gary2691 said:
    Do you have antivirus running, sometimes the auto scan will run on start up.
    I dont have antyvirus so it falls off.
  • Kapi

Tinkerer

Options
    billsey said:
    Enable the boot log and let's look at what's going on while it hangs. That should help pin it down.
    Here you go.
  • billsey
    Options
    There are a fair number of "not loaded" messages for drivers that should be loading OK. Try going through the SFC (System File Checker) process to see if it can clean those up. There may be timeouts while trying to load the files, and those would present as a delay in the startup.
  • Kapi

Tinkerer

Options
    It show that everything is ok
  • Kapi

Tinkerer

Options
    I also found something like this. When i try to click on anyone of listed, i get "Windows cannot find file".
  • billsey
    Options
    The wow folders are normally hidden, so that's what you would expect.
  • Kapi

Tinkerer

Options
    So any other ideas?
  • billsey
    Options
    Not really, maybe one of the others will chime in.
  • Kapi

Tinkerer

Options
    Ok i just reinstalled my Windows and now everything works fine :)