Does the Acer Swift 3 AMD (SF314-42-R6T7 or any SF314-42) support drive encryption/TPM2.0?

emadi
emadi Member Posts: 2 New User
Hi there, 

I'm trying to figure out if the current Acer Swift 3 AMD, SF314-42-R6T7, supports automatic drive encryption or has a TPM 2.0 chip? I can't find this information anywhere online. 

I was hoping that someone with a current AMD Acer Swift 3 could check this by looking in 

Device Manager -> Security Devices 

to find the TPM chip information, and in 

System Information (might need to run as admin) -> System Summary -> Device Encryption Support

Thank you very much for your help. 

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    The SF314-42 supports TPM 2.0 and can be configured through the BIOS interface.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    The SF314-42 supports TPM 2.0 and can be configured through the BIOS interface.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • emadi
    emadi Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thank you! 
  • firefly749
    firefly749 Member Posts: 1 New User
    For this model, doesn't seem to have a FTPM option available. How do you activate it if there is no such option? There is only one UEFI Bios Utility right?
  • billsey
    Unless your system is one of the Chinese models, TPM 2.0 should already be there and need to extra steps. Drive encryption depends on what software you want to use, some of the options from Microsoft require Windows Pro instead of Home.