Z35P massive ghosting and blotchiness on dark movies

Options
BobOki
BobOki Member Posts: 6 New User
Z35P hooked up to a 1060gtx with g-sync on and latest drivers. The monitor gets massive ghosting, even just scrolling webpages you can see the letters in all the words turn a weird color and have a minor trail around them until you stop moving them. In games, everything seems decent, but if you put on a movie that is dark everything becomes a huge blotch. Walls in the movie distorts, it almost looks like the movie was horribly encoded it is so blotchy, but play it on a different monitor and all is fine. I have tried turned on and off g-sync, cranking up or turning off OD and OC, tried playing it at down to 60hz, turning on smoothing, adjusting colors and brightness, and just nothing seems to work.

Is there any fix for this or anything I can do, this is quite literally unusable for watching movies and shows.

Answers

• BobOki
    Options
    Anyone got any suggestions?
  • BobOki
    Options
    Buller? Buller? Buller?
  • BobOki
    Options
    Even in video games, when you move all the walls get a horrible black color all around them. This has gotten to be nearly unusable.
  • BobOki
    Options
    So quiet....
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Maybe some pictures would help... At least get you the "that level of backlight bleed is normal" from someone else who has the same monitor.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • BobOki
    Options
    I would love to show a picture, but it only happens on movement. Maybe I can do a video.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Yeah, and it'll have to be a video shot with a camera or phone... If you do a screen capture it'll capture what's supposed to be there, not what you are actually seeing. :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.