Is there any way to disable the startup keyboard backlight?

Options
matibru
matibru Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

I'm not talking about the keyboard backlight you can config on the Predator Sense app, I'm talking about the multicolor rainbow backlight when the system is loading.
It's to be honest pretty annoying.

Answers

• SilvaGi
    SilvaGi Member Posts: 277 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    its in BIOS. but when I search for it on my nitro 5 i cant find setting. give yours a try.

Please Click Yes if Ive answered your question.
    Current: Custom Desktop Build (5800X, 16GB, 3070ti)
    Previous: Aspire 5 A515 44 R8RH
    (R5 4500u, 8GB, AMD Radeon Vega 6 iGPU)
    Previous: Nitro 5 AN515 55 (i7,16GB,1650ti)
    Thanks SilvaGi!

• matibru

Tinkerer

Options
    Nope, unfortunately, the option is not in the BIOS. Any other option?
  • SilvaGi
    SilvaGi Member Posts: 277 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    No. I read it should be there. you could try updating bios in hope of advanced settings if you found an update that had that. but these laptops seem to omit advanced settings or secret settings. plus little issues can happen with new bios, people always having to downgrade.
    Please Click Yes if Ive answered your question.
    Current: Custom Desktop Build (5800X, 16GB, 3070ti)
    Previous: Aspire 5 A515 44 R8RH
    (R5 4500u, 8GB, AMD Radeon Vega 6 iGPU)
    Previous: Nitro 5 AN515 55 (i7,16GB,1650ti)
    Thanks SilvaGi!

• matibru

Tinkerer

Options
    This is very annoying. Do you know where can I find a manual for the BIOS? I tried to find one but it seems to be impossible.
  • RolfNorway
    RolfNorway Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Options
    Also having this embarrassing experience with rainbow-keyboard (on startup).
    ...Is there anyone with expertise that have a solution to permanently turn of this rainbow-lighting on startup/wake-up of computer(PredatorTriton500) ?
    (Have been in bios and turned of the switch for sound and animation, but only the sound was successfully disabled. >>Keyboard still raining with rgb-bows.)
    _
    Have been in the thought process of returning my newly purchased Predator Triton 500 (515-52) to the vendor, just because of this.
    (Guess its Ok for the kids that like this things. But for an combined professional, and small-time gamer,..its very annoying/embarrassing.)
    br, Rolf

• matibru

Tinkerer

Options
    Also having this embarrassing experience with rainbow-keyboard (on startup).
    ...Is there anyone with expertise that have a solution to permanently turn of this rainbow-lighting on startup/wake-up of computer(PredatorTriton500) ?
    (Have been in bios and turned of the switch for sound and animation, but only the sound was successfully disabled. >>Keyboard still raining with rgb-bows.)
    _
    Have been in the thought process of returning my newly purchased Predator Triton 500 (515-52) to the vendor, just because of this.
    (Guess its Ok for the kids that like this things. But for an combined professional, and small-time gamer,..its very annoying/embarrassing.)
    br, Rolf

Hi Rolf, same predator model here. I'm also a professional VR game developer, I play some games from time to time but I'm not a kid who like this kind of rainbow fx. I have nothing against them anyway, it's just that I often need to show stuff I created at my University or with clients, and it's really uncomfortable to interrupt people just because the keyboard is glowing like hell, especially if I turn on the machine in the middle of a low light setup presentation at the Uni.

I also tried to disable the "sound and animation" feature both from the bios and from the PredatorSense app. The sound is not there anymore but the keylight rainbow fx is still there.

Also thinking about returning the Predator...

• matibru

Tinkerer

edited December 2020
    Options
    Ok, I have a new problem now. I don't know exactly what happen but now the PredatorSense app is not loading when the system start, which means that I get the rainbow fx all the time until I open the PredatorSense app manually (the shortcut button on the keyboard doesn't work either) and load my custom backlight configuration. 

• RolfNorway
    RolfNorway Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Options
    matibru said:
    (>excerpt..) ..need to show stuff I created at my University or with clients, and it's really uncomfortable to interrupt people just because the keyboard is glowing like h*@!, especially if I turn on the machine in the middle of a low light setup presentation at the Uni.

I also tried to disable the "sound and animation" feature both from the bios and from the PredatorSense app. The sound is not there anymore but the keylight rainbow fx is still there.

Also thinking about returning the Predator...

Definitely true matibru. It generate 'to much distraction' with this rainbow-keyboard.
    Bytheway, Yesterday did also try another thing in the PredatorSense app, by changing the dynamic settings (both instead of, and in addition to, the static setting) : 
    ..I changed the dynamic to an another setting (other than the rainbow), but it still doesn't behave any different during startup(or resume) of computer.
    Almost having a little doubt of the functions of the bios, and additionally if there could be some new 'in processor' /or chipsett -instructions, that have these kind of un-necessary functions. Only a weak link, that is what I feel a littlebit on this whole thing.
  • matibru

Tinkerer

Options
    Yes, I agree. I also noticed something which is really bad. These rainbow colors are happening if I close the computer and let it in sleep mode, which is running the battery out. How stupid is that!
    These keyboard lighting settings are clearly coming from some BIOS configuration, I'm pretty sure of this since it happens only while loading or when the computer is closed and resting in sleep mode. Has nothing to do with PredatorSense nor Windows.

I already checked the bios multiple times and there's no option to change this.