Acer Nitro 5 AN515-51-55WL - HDMI port is blocked by a device that connected to USB 3.0

Options
OranSherf
OranSherf Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi,

I would like to connect my laptop to a monitor and I can't really do so, because my HDMI port is pretty blocked by another device that connected to the USB 3.0 port, the main problem is that I need this device to be connected directly to the USB 3.0 port without adapters.
Any workaround to solve this issue? Maybe a super extra slim HDMI cable head (without margins at all)? Maybe another output video port from the laptop (for example USB Type C)?
I've attached pictures to describe my problem, hope you could help in some way.

Thanks,
Oran

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,502 Trailblazer
    Options
    The WiFi adapter should be just fine on a short USB extension, and that would give a normal width connection to the USB port allowing the HDMI cable to fit. Something like this (not a recommendation, just the first one I found).
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • OranSherf
    OranSherf Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited December 2020
    Options
    billsey said:
    The WiFi adapter should be just fine on a short USB extension, and that would give a normal width connection to the USB port allowing the HDMI cable to fit. Something like this (not a recommendation, just the first one I found).
    I've tried this option but lost some of the WiFi adapter features while doing so (e.g like detecting it in a virtual machine).
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,502 Trailblazer
    Options
    That's weird. A short passive cable should be completely invisible to the system...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.