Acer Aspire a515-56 won't wake up from sleep mode

freebalazs
freebalazs Member Posts: 2 New User
Hi! The laptop will not wake up from sleep mode. I have seen other posts with the same problem, but it does not seem to be a clear solution for it. If anyone has solved this problem before please tell me how could I fix it. 

Answers

• Jason_Bourne
    Jason_Bourne Member Posts: 113 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    edited December 2020
    Disable screen auto-turning off from power settings (not sleep), restart and see if your sleep problem is solved :)

Try these settings

• freebalazs
    freebalazs Member Posts: 2 New User
    Unfortunately this did not help. 
  • Jason_Bourne
    Jason_Bourne Member Posts: 113 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Are all your drivers and the OS up-to-date?

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/8614
  • cdragos573
    cdragos573 Member Posts: 5 New User
    I have the same problem when using the latest Intel Graphics driver. I solved the problem by uninstalling the new driver (released in January, 2021) and restoring to Generic Graphics Adapter, then reinstall the Intel Graphics driver from Acer Support (released in September, 2020).
    I personally don't like this fix, it's more than a workaround.
    Sometimes Sleep function just turns the monitor off and the fan keeps spinning, so it's useless on battery power.
    Anybody managed to solve this issue for good?
  • johnthe3rd
    johnthe3rd Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi @cdragos573 and @freebalazs just to keep you updated, this is also discussed in another thread here. Do have a look.

I'm trying to reach Acer engineering team to let them know of this issue...Keeping my fingers crossed that we can get this fixed asap and enjoy all the improvements on the latest Intel drivers for the Xe graphics.

• johnthe3rd
    johnthe3rd Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi @cdragos573 and @freebalazs just to keep you updated, this is also discussed in another thread over here. Do have a look.

I am trying to reach Acer engineering team to let them know of this issue, keeping my fingers crossed that we can get this fixed and enjoy all the improvements on the latest Intel drivers for the Xe graphics soon.

This discussion has been closed.