CPU Fan Behaving Abnormally Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54

Options
ExoAis
ExoAis Member Posts: 1 New User
edited December 2020 in Nitro Gaming
Hello

My laptop is Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54. I bought it 3 months ago. The problem is its CPU Fan is not working properly. I recently noticed this issue when I was playing Valorant. My FPS usually are 180+ but they suddenly dropped to 40-70 and sometimes as low as 10-15 making it unplayable for me. So, I checked CPU Fan speed by NitroSense and CPU Fan was rotating at 350rpm while temperature was 90+. GPU Fan was rotating at 6122rpm which is fine. I should tell you guys this that as you know, due to lockdown educational institutes are closed so I spend 5-6 hours daily playing games on the laptop. Here's what I think:
1)It could be due to dust since its been more than 3 months that I bought this laptop
2)The fan itself needs to be replaced
3)Perhaps the NitroSense isn't controlling fan properly

I would really appreciate any help from you experts out there.
Here, also see some pics that I attached

Thank You

Answers

• Coqui13
    Coqui13 ACE Posts: 2,215 Pathfinder
    Options
    what better experts than Acer techs itself ExoAis? i recommend you contacting your local Acer support services to explain the situation and have the unit sent to their repair center :

☑ No trabajo para Acer, soy voluntario.
    ☑ Para cerrar el tema, marque " aceptar como solución" la respuesta correcta que le fue de utilidad.
    ☑ Lo siento pero no se responde a preguntas de manera privada, debe abrir un nuevo tema en el lugar indicado del foro para que pueda recibir ayuda.

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2015-2019 ★★