Acer Aspire 5 A515 with the integrated numpad

System
System Member Posts: 4,518 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
This discussion was created from comments split from: Incomplete keyboard alternative functions in A515-54G (70Y9).

Answers

• RolandNL
    RolandNL Member Posts: 1 New User
    Om my Acer Aspire 5 A515 with the integrated numpad, I too experienced the problem that when num-lock is on, the home/end buttons weren't accessible.
    As I'm used to using the numbers of the numpad, I want NumLock to be on all the time. Next to that, I also want to use the home and end buttons. It turns out that (as described in the latest manuals as depicted above) using the shift re-enables the home and end buttons when NumLock is on.
    So thats a nice thing, we've got our home- and end-buttons back!

Now only one issue: using the shift-home and shift-end combo to select text to the beginning/end of the line, or ctrl-shift-home and ctrl-shift-end to select text to the beginning/end of the complete text.

It seems that pressing BOTH shift-keys at the same time has some positive effect.
    My experiences so far (NumLock=On all the time off course):
    LShift + home: cursor moves to beginning of line - good
    LShift + end: cursor moves to end of line - good
    LShift + RShift + home: text from cursor to beginning of line is selected - good
    LShift + RShift + end: cursor moves to end of line - not good

So this last experience is unexpected and unwanted.
    I expected that when pressing LShift + RShift + end, I would get the "shift-end" behaviour, namely select text from cursor to the end of the line.

Is there any way to report this to Acer?
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    RolandNL, unfortunately, this is not the channel to do so and we have no developers team for the Acer community, this is a peer to peer support forum, I recommend you contacting your local support channels: https://www.acer.com/ac/nl/NL/content/service-contact

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny