Nitro 50 won't power up but has power, just clicks and restarts

teamg
teamg Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
I have a Nitro 50 that's been working fine for the last 10 months.  This morning I turned it on it and it just clicks over and over again.  The power light flashes and the indicator on the front lights up for a second or two but it clicks and restarts the process over and over again.  After unplugging the power cord the mouse lights up but it just clicks and it starts the same process again.  Any ideas?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    Which model of Nitro 50 do you have? Should be something like N50-6xx-xxxx. Sounds like either a PSU problem or something shorted that draws too much for the PSU to handle. :(
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • teamg
    teamg Member Posts: 3 New User
    @billsey thank you.  I was able to fix this issue by unplugging the power cord and hold down the power button for a minute.  Came right up after that.  Can't explain what holding a powerless PC's power button does but it worked.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    The PSU is on standby all the time and has enough smarts in it to know what to do in certain circumstances. Sometimes it can get confused, and disconnecting power then bleeding all all residual power (such as what's stored in capacitors) allows it to reset to defaults. That trick can also work on monitors and batteries. :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.