Acer Aspire 7 Slow download speeds while using the 5Ghz wifi

Kronos0309
Kronos0309 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited December 2020 in Aspire Laptops
I have a new Acer Aspire 7 laptop with intel wifi card. It used to work well but after doing the windows 10 20h2 update it started acting somewhat weird. The download speed is very slow but the upload speed is really good and this problem is only while using the 5Ghz band. While on 2.4 Ghz band both the download speed and upload speed are good. I tried uninstalling the driver and also tried installing intels official driver. I dont know what exactly is wrong but im pretty sure that this problem started after the update. Any ways to fix this?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    >>>It used to work well but after doing the windows 10 20h2 update it started acting somewhat weird>>>

If this update was applied within the last few weeks, open Control Panel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point' in left pane. If System Protection was turned on in the box that pops up, click 'System Restore' button. Click next. Do you see the Win10 automatic restore point? if yes, you can restore the system and temporarily block the update till a future update fixes it using Microsoft's Update hide tool.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Kronos0309

Tinkerer

Hey, thanks for the restore point advice, I couldn't use it though the restore points before the windows update was probably combined with the windows update rollback files which I got rid of. The solution which worked for me was using the 21.70.06 driver. Its there in the old drivers segment in acer product support site. The driver itself is a few versions behind the latest intel driver but it is the only one that fixed the problem for me.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    Thanks for reporting back. Make sure system protection is turned on because unless you use Microsoft's update hide tool to temporarily block the update, 20H2 is gonna change it again for your inconvenience.  :) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Kronos0309

Tinkerer

Oh, I didn't know that, it was listed for automatic reinstall in the next update session. Thanks for letting me know.
  • Jugalll11
    Jugalll11 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Oh, I didn't know that, it was listed for automatic reinstall in the next update session. Thanks for letting me know.

Hey, thank you soo much for the fix it worked like a charm, i faced a lot of issue with ingame latecy due to this for 5 days, almost thought it was a hardware issue, you saved me a lot of efforts, thanks