Swift 3x short battery life

Options
sMexy
sMexy Member Posts: 5 New User
Recently bought a swift 3x, for some reason i could only get around 4.3~5hrs of battery life on a full charge(100%). 

Saw a review on the same model of swift 3x i have, and i suppose to get around 7hrs+ on balanced mode and 16.9hrs! on silent mode.

I have follow evry settings the review actually based on (brightness at 50%, volume 25%, etc) i still only get 4hrs+ of battery life on a full charge. (Yes i tried evry single mode, silent balanced peformance)

Any idea on what can i do?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,956 Trailblazer
    Options
    What are you running for an antivirus? Some of those will run enough in the background to eat battery life. They also can get the Windows calibration off, so they display a much shorter life estimate than actual. You can recalibrate by going through a few cycles of run the battery down fully (so Windows shuts down due to the battery) then charge fully before turning back on.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • sMexy
    Options
    billsey said:
    What are you running for an antivirus? Some of those will run enough in the background to eat battery life. They also can get the Windows calibration off, so they display a much shorter life estimate than actual. You can recalibrate by going through a few cycles of run the battery down fully (so Windows shuts down due to the battery) then charge fully before turning back on.
    hi thanks for replying, i only run the windows defender as my main antivirus. i already uninstalled the Norton security that comes with the laptop once i finish with the laptop setup for the first time. I also did the battery calibration thru the acer care center and also manually. (did 2 in total) still battery would only display around 4hrs+ just watching youtube at 1080p. if i idle at dekstop it would last for just over 5 hrs. This result is still really dissapointing for a 58.7wh battery
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,956 Trailblazer
    Options
    So let's try asking Windows what's eating the battery. Go to Settings; System; Battery then look at Battery Usage by App. Who are the biggest hogs?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • sMexy
    edited January 2021
    Options
    billsey said:
    So let's try asking Windows what's eating the battery. Go to Settings; System; Battery then look at Battery Usage by App. Who are the biggest hogs?
    hi sorry for the late late reply.

TLDR: dissapointedd with the battery peformance, i ended up sending my laptop for a check at my local highpoint service center. after weeks of checking and also replacing the battery, the result are the same. in the end, i called up acer and they told me that it is normal.

I cant believe i just fall into another false advertisement scam by a laptop company. regret buying this laptop