Upgrading RAM on Predator Orion 5000 PO5-615s

Options
vnomad
vnomad Member Posts: 2 New User
My Model: ACER - Predator Orion 5000 PO5-615s Gaming PC - Intel® Core™ i7, RTX 2080 Ti, 2 TB HDD & 1 TB SSD

I'm currently trying to upgrade the RAM on this model (linked) above. I currently have 16GB of DDR4 RAM (2x 8GB) and I'm planning to add 32GB (2x 16GB) of the following model linked below. 

Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4 2933 MHz C16 XMP 2.0 Enthusiast RGB LED Illuminated Memory Kit

Can someone advise me on if this will work and what other compatible memory sticks can be used with this motherboard? 

(Screenshots) Existing motherboard and RAM specs

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options
    That should work, but won't run any faster than the 2666 that's installed now. Buying 2666 should be cheaper than the 2933 XMP (which is 2666 that supports higher overclocking).
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • vnomad
    vnomad Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Can anyone advise me on where I can get a RAM compatibility list for this motherboard spec? Acer has very little on their website
  • billsey
    Options
    Here is the memory spec for the PO5-615s models:

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • danny454545
    danny454545 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    help ,i waht kind og ram can i upgrade for my predator orion 5000
  • billsey
    edited March 2022
    Options
    @danny454545 do you have the same model as the original post? if so the answer is already posted. If not please start a new thread (with the Ask a Question button) and include your model number as well as the question.