Z35 BMIPHZ ACER PREDATOR - Black screen / blue led.

youssr
youssr Member Posts: 1 New User
So I've been enjoying this screen for about two years now, running it at 144Hz instead of the 200Hz that is possible.
So the 11th of December I was playing cyberpunk on the screen, and the day after when turning on my computer nothing happened.

I found it super weird and started changing cables, unplugging power plug, HDMI and DP.
So after none of the working, I head up the Acer forum, and to my surprise this is a very common problem.

Even though this is a very common problem, I have not yet been able to find a solution.
Most topics says its a hardware problem (Screen motherboard) - but what is Acers policy with this? Can I get it fixed from Acer, or is there a way for me to fix this my self? 
Is there a hard reset option?

This is not your regular 200eur 144Hz screen, I paid 800 eur for this - I'm surprised this is such a common problem.

Answers

• SVH
    SVH Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited December 2020
    My Z35P broke as well after 3 yrs (faulty motherboard).
    €1100,00 down the drain and no support.
  • Myhrddin
    Myhrddin Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited January 2021
    One thing you need to try as part of the 1st round of operations is to reset your monitor.
    This can be accomplished by:
    1. turn off the monitor (click the power button but don't hold it down)
    2. hold the power button for about 20 seconds.
      [ If it doesn't come on automatically after a few seconds, go ahead and press the power button normally (basically click it on and don't hold the button down again).]

Having some similar issues with my Z35 where the screen will turn black for a second or two and then go back to normal operations.
    It's very frustrating and really not acceptable while doing anything.  Note: I am one who just leaves it on and it goes into sleep mode if the PC gets powered down so I never usually turn the monitor off.  This method has helped me some when mine's misbehaving.

Hope this helps some.. Let us know.
  • Danutopik
    Danutopik Member Posts: 4 New User
    Hi,

Similar issue here! About two weeks ago my Acer Predator Z35P started to go blackscreen after turning on the computer.

It usually does 1 or 2 black blinks and then it goes to black completely. The blue led still keeps on but pushing the menu buttons does nothing.

The only way to temporaly fix it is to unplug the power cable and plug it again, then it recovers and doesn't crash anymore (until the next PC boot). First of all I though it was a problem of the nvidia GPU (I have a 1080Ti) but I tried another monitor and it works fine so I can say it only happens on my predator monitor.

I don't know if there is any firmware update to fix it... I only see an oficial firmware v1.0 on the acer site but it is from 8/2020 and it doesn't explain anything related with this issue (actually it doesn't explain anything)  :/

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/ID/content/support-product/8541?b=1

thanks