Acer aspire TC - 603 cpu change

I have recently bought a used cpu i7 4790k and if I install the cpu into the motherboard and start the pc it seems that there is no video signal. I don't know what could be wrong... I am using an acer aspire tc 603 motherboard. Everything works with my old cpu i5 4570. Could it be that the motherboard doesn't support i7 or ?

FAQ & Answers

• billseybillsey ACE Posts: 16,048 Trailblazer
    The TC-603 should support the i7-4790K CPU. The stock CPU is using the same GPU as the original HD 4600. Maybe you are finding out why they were selling the used CPU? :(
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Patqo530Patqo530 Member Posts: 4 New User
    billsey said:
    The TC-603 should support the i7-4790K CPU. The stock CPU is using the same GPU as the original HD 4600. Maybe you are finding out why they were selling the used CPU? :(
    Tomorrow I will go to pc repair shop and I will ask them if they could test the cpu on other motherboard. If it won't work then I guess I will return it.
  • billseybillsey ACE Posts: 16,048 Trailblazer
    Let us know how it turns out.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
    So I have been in 2 pc repair shops and neither of them has one 1150 motherboard on which I can try the cpu. I was thinking about that maybe the cpu doesn't work because the bios I have is from 2013 and the cpu is from 2014. Don't I need some kind of a update for bios ? Like it was with the b450 cpus and 3th gen ryzen ?
    Patqo530 said:
    So I have been in 2 pc repair shops and neither of them has one 1150 motherboard on which I can try the cpu. I was thinking about that maybe the cpu doesn't work because the bios I have is from 2013 and the cpu is from 2014. Don't I need some kind of a update for bios ? Like it was with the b450 cpus and 3th gen ryzen ?
    *b450 motherboards