Why does my Wireless connection keep disconnecting?

David20711
David20711 Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited December 2020 in Aspire Laptops
Serial Number : NXGY9EK009XXXX. I updated my laptop driver quite a while ago and it made me disconnect from my WIFI network every couple of minutes. I thought nothing of it and decided to roll back the driver, only to find the same issue occurring I have done all the attempts to fix it below :
  • switch between 3 different versions of the driver (2 from 2019 (both are the same but one is from Microsoft and one is from Qualcomm) and the other 1 is from 2017)
  • uninstall the driver and restart
  • Run a WLAN report command on windows, came out with "the connection was disconnected by the driver"
  • Performed a network reset in windows
  • Performed a windows in place reset
  • opened up the laptop to examine the wifi adapter, unplugged in the plugged it back in
    The network adapter is called "Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter". The driver version is 12.0.0.457 which came out in 2017, I am running this version as I thought possibly going back to the original may have helped but no luck so far. Sometimes, like currently, the connection will be fine and stable until randomly it will disconnect and it will end up in a constant loop of disconnecting and reconnecting. If there are any other driver versions I could be linked to or any other methods I could possibly try to help. I have been questioning even posting this because when I am close to the router the connection is fine but as soon as the distance from it increases the connection ends up being terrible and it sounds like a regular case that I am too far from the router, but this can't be as prior to the driver update, the connection was completely fine without a single issue. I also do not think that there is an issue with the WIFI router as other devices work perfectly fine. I can supply further information if necessary. Please help me resolve my issue, Thank you!

Edited the content to hide sensitive information

Best Answer

• David20711

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

I should've updated this ages ago, I resolved the problem quite a while ago when I did a fresh install of Windows because of how unbearable it was. It completely solved the issue and it no longer reappears. I guess windows is just quite an unstable operating system.

Answers

• Jason_Bourne
    Jason_Bourne Member Posts: 113 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Is your OS up to date?
  • David20711

Tinkerer

Is your OS up to date?
    Yes it is running the latest version of windows. 
  • Jason_Bourne
    Jason_Bourne Member Posts: 113 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Did you try disabling power saving mode of the wireless adapter? (Via power options and device manager)

• David20711

Tinkerer

Did you try disabling power saving mode of the wireless adapter? (Via power options and device manager)

Yes I have already tried this, only for the same thing to constantly happen. 
  • freebfrost
    freebfrost Member Posts: 1 New User
    Following.

Having the exact same issues on my A514-52.
  • David20711

Tinkerer

Still isn't resolved, I replaced the Wifi adapter and on the first boot up, it connected just fine and it showed my home network as one (Because for some reason windows showed it as two separate ones, this is probably due to the issue), I rebooted and it showed them as two separate networks and it started disconnecting again. This whole situation has been a 3 month ordeal, it goes away for an x period of time only for it to return again, annoy me for a week, them disappear again. I am also sick of the lack of support anywhere. If anyone has any ideas that would be helpful. Is there any other piece of hardware linked to the adapter that may have caused this. Acer should be held accountable, one driver update to a Wifi adapter should not render the whole thing useless for extended periods of time!!!
  • David20711

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

I should've updated this ages ago, I resolved the problem quite a while ago when I did a fresh install of Windows because of how unbearable it was. It completely solved the issue and it no longer reappears. I guess windows is just quite an unstable operating system.